Who we are
WHO WE ARE
Bristol Food Network C.I.C. supports, informs and connects individuals, community projects, organisations and businesses who share a vision to transform Bristol into a sustainable food city.
We have taken our wider objectives from A Good Food Plan for Bristol:
- To promote and encourage people to cook from scratch, grow their own and eat more fresh, seasonal, local, organically grown food.
- To champion the use of local, independent food shops and traders to help keep Bristol’s high street vibrant and diverse.
- To promote and encourage the use of good quality land in and around Bristol for food production.
- To promote and encourage the redistribution, recycling and composting of food waste.
- To advance education about the part that food, nutrition and lifestyle can play in meeting the needs of disadvantaged individuals, families and groups in the community and encourage social inclusion and social cohesion.
- To promote community-led food trade such as co-operatives, buying groups, Community Supported Agriculture and pop-up shops.
- To build the Bristol Food Network expertise in food and sustainability that allows access to and creates opportunities for local people within Bristol.