Joy Carey, coordinator of Bristol Going for Gold and consultant in Sustainable Food Systems Planning, addresses what a resilient food system could look like for Bristol once we emerge from the COVID-19 crisis. It is ten years since her report Who Feeds Bristol?: Towards a resilient food plan and this blog post identifies five core principles to start building a better and more resilient food system.
A further selection of interesting blogs and reports on what our future food system might look like:
- Ten things Covid-19 has taught us about food
- Sustain have a collection of blogs on coronavirus and food
- Vicki Hird on Is COVID-19 driving a new food and farming system?
- The FAO’s report The role of cities and local governments in responding to the emergency
- Kim Stoddart on The self sufficiency surge
- Hubbub’s Greenprint for a sustainable UK after COVID-19
- The Sustainable Food Trust on Building resilience into our food systems
- The Food Ethics Council on Ethics in our food response to COVID-19