If you have a good idea for a project, go and share it with groups that are already up and running. Chances are they will have advice, skills, tools or people power to help you.
- Food Co-op: Join forces with a few friends and set up a food co-op, and pool your buying power to get produce for the best price. There may already be a Real Economy buying group in your area – or you could set one up.
- Community Orchard information: Find out about how to set up an orchard, how to get people involved and fun days to run.
- Federation of City Farms and Community Gardens: Free downloadable publications on starting your own Community Garden, from choosing a site to recruiting volunteers.
- For advice on how to set up your own community growing group, go to:
- Windmill Hill City Farm have produced Active Citizen Toolkits on Community Engagement, Working with Groups and Volunteering