Get involved in corporate volunteering or team-building days
Corporate volunteering or team-building days can boost staff morale and productivity levels, while also helping local projects.
Talk to community food initiatives and community-owned venues in your area and find out what would be genuinely useful to them. A good volunteering experience is one which is mutually beneficial to both those volunteering and those hosting the volunteers.
Don’t be surprised if there is a financial cost attached to the volunteering process—the host organisation needs to spend time to support your team, and that time also needs to be paid for. Team-building activities could include office cookery classes, building raised beds in a community garden, or refreshing the paintwork at a city farm.
Employee engagement days and corporate volunteering
Getting your team together for an employee engagement day or a team building or volunteering experience can improve your teams morale, connectedness and wellbeing. Here are some of the projects on offer in Bristol. Please get in touch with us if you would like to add a project to this list.
- Employee engagement days with Avon Wildlife Trust
- Volunteering away days at The Community Farm
- Corporate volunteering at Windmill Hill City Farm
- Business team challenges at St Werburghs
- Volunteering days at Lawrence Weston Community Farm
- Corporate volunteering at Elm Tree Farm
- Team building workshops at Square Food Foundation
- Get involved with Incredible Edible Bristol
- Corporate volunteering at FareShare South West
- Corporate volunteering at Feeding Bristol
Community gardens and gardening
If as an individual, you want to get involved in a community growing group in Bristol, explore our Get Growing Map to find peaceful city sanctuaries and social garden spaces, and find out how you can get involved.