Voscur event: Practical financial management for charities
January 24 @ 9:30 am - 1:00 pm UTC+1| £55 – £94
This course will explore in more depth practical financial management for charities (preparing management accounts and monitoring budgets, understanding statutory accounts and the Trustees’ Annual Report (TAR)).
What will this course cover?
- Key components of management accounts and how to present them
- Budgets/ forecasting – how to create and report against
- Interpretation of accounts – overview of the differences between cash basis and accruals basis accounting, followed by example accounts exercise, group discussion and then key pointers/ things to consider from a technical perspective – revenue recognition, cut-off principles etc.
What will you learn?
- What to focus on when preparing / presenting management accounts
- Key aspects of Financial Statements and how to present them (including the Trustees Annual Report)
- How to compile a budget and cash flow forecast
- Understanding of budget variances and when to report on them
Who is the course for?
Non finance managers working in the charity sector and trustees looking to understand financial information.
What else do they need to know?
This course would suit those with some experience of charity finance.
Click here to book your place