No Dig Gardening Talk with Charles Dowding
March 26 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm UTC+1| £12
Proceeds of this talk will be donated to St. Peter’s Hospice, Bristol.
Charles Dowding has practised No Dig gardening methods for over 36 years, in his one hour 20 minute illustrated talk Charles describes how to create healthy soil and enjoy easier harvests, followed by questions and answers.
The talk is about no dig as the starting point and how to maintain a plot with soil and plants in top health, more easily.
It also covers
- Clearing perennial weeds with mulches, including couch grass and bindweed.
- Keeping your no dig soil healthy and weed free, with an annual mulch of compost.
- Tips on hoeing and hand weeding.
- Buying and use of different composts.
- Photos of the trials comparing the effects on growth of dig/no dig and no rotation.
Charles also explains the reduction of time and effort needed to cultivate and weed and how no dig has many other benefits, after the talk Charles will offer a selection of his nine books, signed and for sale.
Charles Dowding frequently writes in national gardening magazines and newspaper gardening columns, appears on television gardening programmes as well as running No Dig courses at his garden near Castle Cary in Somerset.