- This event has passed.
Mushroom Production Techniques
June 15 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm UTC+1| £30 – £65
Do you want to produce a regular supply of gourmet and medicinal fungi in your home? Are you considering setting up your own cultivation project or business? Then this one-day course has everything you need to start out on the path towards professional small scale production.
Focusing on reliable, sterile cultivation techniques that can be tailored to many different types of indoor space, we will progress through each of the key stages of production, practically learning the techniques and equipment requirements.
The course will cover:
– A short introduction to the biology, life cycles and ecology of fungi
– The stages of mushroom production
– Equipment and cleanliness
– Obtaining and storing cultures
– Liquid culture techniques
– Creating successful grain spawn
– Nutrition and substrate selection
– Creating production blocks
– Fruiting chambers and grow tents
– Care, maintenance and harvesting
This course is open to anyone with an interest in fungi and is best suited for those that already have some basic experience of mushroom cultivation, though we will support total beginners.
Our tutors have many years of cultivation experience, on both a home and business scale. There will be plenty of time for questions and for the tutors to share knowledge from the wealth of their experiences.