- This event has passed.
Introduction to Edible Gardening
October 26, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 3:30 pm UTC+1| £30 – £65
Would you like to be:
* Growing your own food but feel you don’t have space or the time?
* Eating more organic food but think it’s too expensive?
Transform your garden into a productive, low maintenance, edible garden, that is full of food, friendly to wildlife & looks good.
This course covers:
* Overview of edible plants and mushrooms
* Strategies for low maintenance & ecological growing practices
* Applying ideas to your own space
The course is suitable for beginners.
Learn what the possibilities are, and how to:
* Get more out of your space by using vertical growing for optimum production in a small space.
* Identify microclimates and create new microclimates to increase productivity.
* Apply simple solutions for any type of garden, from a small yard to an allotment or school.
Topics/Solutions Covered on this Course
* Edible Gardens, Forest Gardens & Edible Landscapes
* Edible Mushroom Growing
* Edible Hedges
* Fruit trees/bushes – varieties
* Home Orchards & Community Orchards
* Vegetable Gardens, Container Gardens, Covered Growing
* Vertical growing