- This event has passed.
Intro to Soil Health on Horticulture Operations – Bristol
January 20 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm UTC+1| £35 – £110
—————— Roots Make Soil ———————-
Apply the soil health principles to transform your soil into a crumbly, friable state that’s easy to work & produces healthy crops.
A one-day course on promoting and preserving soil health, using problem-based learning.
–> Living Roots – Covered Soil – Minimal Disturbance – Diversity <–
The soil health principles work. From large farms to market gardens, when implemented doggedly they bring real results: better soil structure, healthier crops and more consistent yields. What’s more, the growers that have most rigorously applied these principles have the more profitable operations today.
Think differently about the “farming problem”, and find solutions that work for you in your situation.
• Cash crops, cover crops, cultivation, amendments, propagation, composting etc.
• Rotation planning for reduced work & better crops.
• Road testing novel practices on your operation with minimal disruption.
• Simple testing methods to monitor soil health and measure success.
Who is this course for?
• Market gardeners
• Commercial growers
• Nursery workers
• Horticulture managers
• Apprentices, trainee growers
About the Venue
Feed Bristol is a land-based businesses incubator site that plays host to six businesses working at different scales. Including two commercial market gardens: Sims Hill Shared Harvest and Edible Futures Market Garden.