- This event has passed.
Improving Soil Health on Horticulture Operations
October 23 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+1| £35 – £110
Roots Make Soil
Apply the soil health principles to transform your soil into a crumbly, friable state that’s easy to work & produces healthy crops.
A one-day course on promoting and preserving soil health, using problem-based learning.
–> Living Roots – Covered Soil – Minimal Disturbance – Diversity <–
The soil health principles work. From large farms to market gardens, when implemented doggedly they bring real results: better soil structure, healthier crops and more consistent yields. What’s more, the growers that have most rigorously applied these principles have the more profitable operations today.
Think differently about the “farming problem”, and find solutions that work for you in your situation.
• Cash crops, cover crops, cultivation, amendments, propagation, composting etc.
• Rotation planning for reduced work & better crops.
• Road testing novel practices on your operation with minimal disruption.
• Simple testing methods to monitor soil health and measure success.
Who is this course for?
• Market gardeners
• Commercial growers
• Nursery workers
• Horticulture managers
• Apprentices, trainee growers