- This event has passed.
Grow, Eat, Cook – growing food in school gardens
March 11 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm UTC+1| £95
RHS horticulturists have teamed up with the learning team at the City Farm to provide a practical course to enable you to put pupil health and wellbeing at the centre of your school with an ethos and culture of great food.
Aims and activities:
- Meet the new Ofsted criteria and school food plan requirements with effective growing and cooking.
- Make growing and cooking food manageable and accessible in your school.
- Gain the skills and knowledge to grow some easy crops in containers and gardens.
- Gain the confidence to cook imaginative and seasonal produce with your class.
- Deliver fun, engaging and real-life lessons linked to maths, literacy and science.
Key Stages targeted: Key Stages 1 and 2
Cost: £95 per person
Skill Level: suitable for teachers, teaching assistants and cooking club leaders at Key Stages 1 and 2. Also school staff working with children and young people with Special Educational Needs across all age groups. No previous experience is necessary.
CPD Provider: Julie Thorpe/Sarah Ricketts