- This event has passed.
Conference: Innovation in the costs of catering
March 15 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm UTC+1| Free – £15
It’s only possible to achieve innovation in the costs of catering if you know what the real costs are to begin with. This conference, organised by the PIPEN and the West of England Food Procurement Group, aims to examine financial, health and environmental costs, their associated issues and provide practical approaches to do things differently in the kitchen.
With ongoing rising ingredients and labour costs, it’s well worth taking time to take a step back and think differently about the financials in catering. But how do environmental costs and financial costs combine? The Food and Catering industry is a significant emitter of carbon emissions across a range of activities. Public sector procurement can contribute to the sectors to contribute to the solution. Reducing food and catering waste is crucial in the battle to reduce emissions. Not only is waste wasteful in terms of resources (such as ingredients, energy, storage) it is also a waste of money as every gram of food thrown away has an associated monetary value. In terms of public sector procurement, this simply cannot be allowed to happen.
We are delighted to confirm that Patrick Holden CBE and Tim Martin, Executive Producer at the BBC’s Natural History Unit will be speaking at the event, setting the tone for what will be an exciting, informative and interactive event! Topics include:
Improving supply chains
- Reducing CO2 emissions through the food supply chain
- Supporting local producers through procurement
Improving the catering offering to reduce CO2
- Reducing (but not excluding) meat consumption
- Creatively using better quality meat and dairy and more vegetables
Reducing food waste
- Introducing the Green Kitchen standard
- Reducing waste through effective procurement
- Minimising CO2 emissions through good waste managementFor more information on the programme and speakers please download the full programme ICC invitation 5feb18
Registration via Eventbrite – https://innovation15march18.eventbrite.co.uk
***Please note that whilst conference places are free of charge we reserve the right to charge £15 for non-attendance if less than 48 hours’ notice is given***