The post of Community Worker
You will be responsible for working with referral agencies to invite vulnerable people to join a ‘community of health and well-being’ that gathers at the farm on Thursdays and offers work experience, a meal together and the opportunity to order free or subsidised food. You will manage this gathering, oversee the cooking of a meal and the distribution and ordering of food through Real Economy Co-operative.
The post is for 8 hours per week on Thursdays at the Feed Bristol site.
This role will suit someone who
- relates well to people who are in difficult circumstances
- has an interest in food and food growing as a means to social cohesion
- recognises the importance of community life to our health and well-being
- has an ability to manage groups of volunteers in gardening and cooking contexts
- is proactive and able to develop the project and monitor progress
You will be responsible, on a day to day basis, to the Farm Manager and may work actively with our partners Real Economy.
You will be paid
- either at the rate of £12 per hour for an 8 hour day for 50 weeks per year (self-employed)
- or on an employed basis for one eight hour day per week at a rate of £10.58 per hour with four weeks holiday and a 6% employer’s pension contribution.
The agreed start date for this post is 1 April 2018.
The post is subject to one month’s written notice and will be formally reviewed and renewed on a six monthly basis.
Applications should be submitted on 2 sides of A4 plus a CV to email@example.com by 23 March 2018