Bristol City Council have issued the tender paperwork for their Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS), with a closing date for the first round of 19 December. Please pass this link on to any local growers and producers who you think might be interested in supplying-in to Council contracts.
Whereas in the past, small-scale growers have been excluded from such large contracts because they don’t grow enough stuff, the DPS system allows smaller suppliers to provide part of the Council’s requirement, rather than the whole thing.
Potential suppliers will need to follow the instructions below and register on Pro-Contract. Because it is a DPS, it will be open for the life of the contract. The result of this is that should any suppliers wish to join the contract at a later date, they can be considered – unlike with a traditional contract.
1. Register and log on to the ProContract portal https://procontract.due-north.com
2. Click onto ‘Find Opportunities’
3. Search for Bristol Catering Provisions Dynamic Purchasing System (DPS) Project ID DN367184
4. Click on ‘Register Interest’ to access the tender documents
5. Go to ‘My Activities’ to find the opportunity and create your response
6. Click on ‘Start’ to begin the process and follow the wizard