Bristol Food Network is recruiting for a Comms and Engagement Coordinator for Bristol Good Food 2030.
Bristol Good Food 2030 is a programme of work funded until end March 2024. It brings together a wide and diverse group of stakeholders to develop a Good Food plan for Bristol to 2030, and a shorter term action plan to deliver actual progress on a range of sustainable food targets for the city. A communications programme will support the development and delivery of these plans, as well as having an impact in its own right in growing Bristol’s ‘Good Food Movement’.
The role sits within the Bristol Good Food 2030 team, working alongside the Programme Coordinator/2030 Framework Developer, the Partnership Coordinator and the Content Coordinator. Work is already underway, so the new post holder will be taking on existing plans and will need to work closely with the outgoing post holder to ensure a smooth handover.
Employment type: freelance contract or PAYE, as preferred. Fixed term to the end of March 2024.
Hours of work: 15 hours per week.
Rate: £140 per day freelance (7.5 hours). £11,560 p.a. PAYE (FTE £28,900 p.a.).
Location: Home based (with meetings in Bristol).
Application deadline: 12th July. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we may choose to close early.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com entitled ‘Application for the role of Communications & Engagement Coordinator role’
- To further develop and, working alongside the Content Coordinator, deliver communications activity for Bristol Good Food 2030 (BGF2030), with a focus on growing Bristol’s ‘Good Food Movement’.
- Building and holding strategic relationships to ensure that Bristol Good Food communications activity reaches and impacts desired audiences.
- Working with the Programme Coordinator and Partnership Coordinator to ensure that Bristol Good Food communications activity supports achievement of the overall aims of the programme, recording impact, and consulting and reporting progress to Bristol City Council partners.
- Oversee the strategic direction of BGF2030 communications activity, based on existing foundation plans, and in line with the overall objectives of the BGF2030 programme.
- Lead the planning, development and delivery of multimedia communications activity for public facing engagement in BGF2030.
- Working with the Content Coordinator, build relationships with community organisations and networks across Bristol to ensure that the BGF2030 website becomes the go-to place for information on Bristol’s ‘Good Food Movement’.
- Working with the Content Coordinator, developing and overseeing the maintenance of a rich pool of Bristol-specific Good Food online resources.
- Manage the BGF2030 website, overseeing any further development, writing new core content as needed, and liaising with developers, designers and the Content Coordinator to maintain functionality, accessibility and relevance.
- Working with BGF2030 Working Groups (working on specific food themes) to ensure that their work is represented in BGF2030 communications, and supporting specific campaigns based on the objectives of the Working Groups.
- Working with partners to ensure that BGF2030 reaches and has impact in diverse communities across Bristol, and that BGF2030 communications activity is conducted in a way that increases inclusivity within the city’s food system.
- Keeping partners across teams at Bristol City Council and the Cabinet informed of activity and progress in BGF2030 communications, working closely with communications leads within the Council to ensure messaging and activity is aligned with the Council’s Climate and Ecological Emergency communications.
- Maintaining the comms budget, and working with colleagues to write funding applications and report back to funders, where relevant to communications activity.
- Oversee the ongoing impact assessment of all BGF2030 communications activity in line with communications objectives, including specific monitoring of inclusivity and diversity, leading to continuous improvement across all communications activity.
Knowledge and Experience
- Developing and managing complex communications campaigns aimed at multiple audiences.
- Managing design and web development briefs, and working with suppliers to deliver communications assets.
- Working with stakeholders, networks and external organisations, managing and maintaining strong relationships.
- Monitoring and reporting on the impact of a project or campaign, particularly in relation to communications and engagement.
- Using digital channels, including websites and a variety of social media channels, to support the delivery of communications campaigns.
- Developing and adapting plans to meet the strategic objectives of a project.
- Writing and creating engaging communications to convey complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- An understanding of and interest in sustainable food systems.
- Developing projects or campaigns with increased diversity and inclusion in mind.
- Delivering creative projects and campaigns on a tight budget.
- Able to work on your own initiative and independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prioritise, meet tight deadlines and effectively manage work time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and ease in working with stakeholders at all levels.
- An organised approach, and the ability to plan strategically.
- Very good IT skills, including website content management.