The St Monica Trust’s Winter Support Fund is open for applications. The fund will be running for the rest of this year and they will be reviewing bids on a fortnightly basis. https://www.stmonicatrust.org.uk/supporting-communities/community-giving. Grants of up to £1,000 are available to charities, community groups and social enterprises to help them in continuing their support of older people during the winter months. Application closing dates: 13 November, 27 November, 11 December.
Wessex Water has just opened the new Wessex Water Recovery Fund to support local projects strengthening our communities following the coronavirus pandemic. The Fund is open until 4 December 2020, applications are managed by Quartet.
Co-op food fund has launched to support organisations tackling food poverty. Applications open on 26 October and close on 13 November. Funding can only go towards sustainable food poverty programmes which tackle Co-op’s funding priorities detailed below. Most grants will be in the region of £2,000–£10,000.
- REDISTRIBUTION – We will actively redistribute our surplus food to the people who need it most in our communities?
- ACCESS – We will provide easy access to nutritious food and balanced meals for customers with a limited budget
- UPSKILLING – We will help to educate and upskill customers on low cost meal solutions, limiting food waste and shopping smartly
- YOUNG PEOPLE – We will support future generations by prioritising the wellbeing of children and young people struggling with food insecurity
- COMMUNITIES – Food programmes for vulnerable communities delivered in those communities
The types of programmes that this funding could support are, but not limited to:
- Programmes that tackle food waste
- Programmes that encourage healthy eating
- Holiday hunger schemes
The Smallwood Trust have two grant streams open for organisations supporting women whose poverty has been exacerbated by the pandemic. The deadlines are 10th and 16th November (specific areas of England only)
The Near Neighbours Programme is offering small grants of between £250 to £3,000 for local groups and organisations who are working towards developing social relationships across diverse faiths and ethnicities for the betterment of their community.
Power to Change has launched the Community Business Renewal Initiative, in response to the COVID-19 crisis and this £3million Community Business Renewal Fund is part of this support package for the community business sector. An unrestricted grant between £10,000 and £20,000 is available to support your organisation to adapt and evolve to the changing circumstances. Round 2 closes Tuesday 12 January 2021. Round 3 closes Tuesday 2 March 2021.