Coming soon in June 2018…
It’s time to Get Growing! as Bristol’s secret fruit & veg gardens open their garden gates to visitors & volunteers so you can Get Growing too.
This year, the emphasis is on Getting everyone Growing! so we have more vounteer sessions and workdays on offer alongside the normal garden open days. Plus Get Growing runs not just for one weekend in June as we have in previous years, but over the whole month – giving you even more opportunities to get involved.
There are 30 gardens, plots, community allotments and orchards taking part this year – 7 of them for the first time:
- City Academy Bristol Community Allotment
- Lawrence Weston Community Gardening Group
- The Malago Greenway Berry Maze
- New Roots Garden
- Redcatch Community Garden
- Sea Mills Community Garden
- Strawberry Lane Community Garden
There will also be 3 led walks available:
- A Stroll to Strawberry Lane Community Garden
- The Urban Food Trail with Sara Venn of Incredible Edible Bristol, book at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/urban-food-trail-tour-tickets-45233891788
- A Roots Walk – CAB Allotment to Easton Community Garden
You can download a leaflet, which has details of all the gardens taking part:
Or pick up a printed copies from community venues around the city (let us know if you’d like some copies for any events, or distribution in your area). Hope to see you Getting Growing!
As a taster of what you can expect on your visits, why not take a look at our film of Get Growing 2016: